Friday, September 23, 2005

work, dinner, and a movie.

work : productive which makes me happy.
dinner : homemade aloo chaat with the roomies because we are obsessed with it. i have a renewed passion for potatoes.
movie: salaam namaste in an IMAX theatre with an ice cream cone is what i call a perfect night.

The movie experience in the ADLABS IMAX theatre in Wadala was amazing. I never knew that going to the movies could make me so happy. I almost forgot the joys of luxury. I'm going to be a very easily amused girl when I get back to the states. It's the little things that matter. That lesson as been fully learned and understood. Anyway, back to the movie trip, I didnt think that we were going to make it there at first because we went through this puddle-y non existent road which was barely visible in the darkness. Scary stuff. The theatre had an arcade, a bookstore, baskin robbins, a candy shop, and seating like Loews at home. Right before the movie started, everyone got up and i was totally confused. I looked at the screen and it said "Please stand for the national anthem."

Jana-mana-gana written by the famous Bengali, Rabindranath Tagore. English translation: Thou art the ruler of the minds of all people, dispenser of India's destiny. Thy name rouses the hearts of Punjab, Sind, Gujarat and Maratha, of the Dravida and Orissa and Bengal; It echoes in the hills of the Vindyas and Himalayas, mingles in the music of Jamuna and Ganges and is chanted by the waves of the Indian Sea. They pray for thy blessings and sing thy praise. The saving of all people waits in thy hand, thou dispenser of India's destiny. Victory, victory, victory to thee.

Salaam Namaste was a great movie. It might have been a semi copy of Nine Months but I didnt mind. Watching the movie, which was filmed in Melbourne, reminded me of my winter trip there. Australia is so beautiful! And after living in rainy, dirty Mumbai for the past month, the western world is looking oh-so-perfect and super clean. It was nice to see St. Kilda Beach on screen, the Starbucks near Flinders Station, and other randomness in Melbourne. On a side note, I miss Starbucks. They must have known that I was moving into the neighborhood when they built the new Starbucks in FW. It's right outside of the entrance to Avalon, could life be any sweeter?
----------

let the countdown begin: seven days

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't imagine an Indian movie being along the lines of Nine Months, was it funny?
Can you imagine saying the pledge before every movie? It would probably become a disgrace.
That whole day sounds pretty yummy!

9/26/2005 11:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i can't wait to watch the movie...in love with the songs. and of course both my crushes are in the movie ;-)

9/27/2005 12:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home