Friday, September 30, 2005

my last day

I cant believe it. It's my last day in India. Not forever of course, but for a while anyway. I plan to come back to see the Taj Mahal, I was hoping to visit this time around, but I didn't have the time or the patience to attempt the trip on my own. I'll try to learn hindi before I come here again. There are so many things that I didnt capture in my blog entries that are randomly floating around in my thoughts...

Things that I will miss about being in India:

  • my roommates. three of the nicest and sweetest girls ever. i wish i could stay for the month of October with them so we could all spend more time together.
  • the support of the AVSAR staff. they were incredible and went well beyond the call of duty. I hope that some of my friends and family have the opportunity to go to India just like i did.
  • the random daily happenings: my walk through the illegal vegetable market with people screaming out to us to buy stuff, the uncle under the bridge who sells sandals and had befriended all of the AVSAR staff and volunteers, ordering food from the store downstairs and sitting lazily in the apt waiting for it to be ordered, making chai in the morning, bargaining for everything, the train rides, watching men hold hands (its a friendly thing to do here), seeing the local veggie vendors everyday who actually sleep on their carts at night (I didnt know that until I went out to a phone booth with Sherry)....
  • and so much more but im out of time...

last dinner with the roomies (aloo chat of course!) and im out! ill finish this post once i get home on saturday night. goodbye india. hello america.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a safe flight and welcome home!

9/30/2005 8:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home